Fred Hancock Auxiliary Unit No. 19
In fulfillment of our Mission, the American Legion Auxiliary adheres to the following purposes:
- To support and advocate for veterans, active military and their families
- To support the initiatives and programs of The American Legion
- To foster patriotism and responsible citizenship
- To award scholarships and promote quality education and literacy
- To provide educational and leadership opportunities that uphold the ideals of freedom and democracy and encourage good citizenship and patriotism in government
- To increase our capacity to deliver our Mission by providing meaningful volunteer opportunities within our communities
- To empower our membership to achieve personal fulfillment through Service Not Self
Hello to the ALA members ad friends,
It's been so long since we have been able to meet. I hope this newsletter finds you well. This will be a short letter as there are no upcoming events to report yet until we know more when we can meet again. We have had to cancel and postpone so many meetings and parties. What I do ask of you at this time is to think about when we can do our rummage sale and to please save potential yard sale items. What week, maybe in the summer when we can do poppies, what can we do to promote Wreaths across America. Bringing in funds is so important to our cause, it's how we fund the different programs we support. Please stay healthy and stay at home! til we are able to meet again.
President of Fred Hancock American Legion Unit 19
It's time to renew your membership dues.
Has your address changed? Contact Esther Maas (425-255-7108) to update your address or pay your dues.
We invite new members to join us! We encourage your family members and friends to become involved in a great, rewarding experience – helping VETERANS and their families.
WE NEED YOU!
COME JOIN US for Sew and Chat
We need your company/help in these projects for our veterans in the VA Hospitals. We sew and tie lap robes, make ditty bags, stuff neck pillows, make wheel chair bags, wrap gifts and other things for the VA Hospital patients. It doesn't requre much talent or experience - just come and enjoy. We laugh and discuss the problems of the world. Men are welcome to come join us.
Only a FEW hours are needed and so MUCH can be accomplished!