Post 19 meets monthly on the second Tuesday at 7:00PM. No meetings in July or August.
The Auxilary meets monthly on the 2nd Thursday at 1:00PM. No meetings in July or August.
No Post or Auxiliary meetings during July or August
Want more information? firstname.lastname@example.org
Our American Legion Post was named after a WW1 sailor named Fred Hancock. He died at sea and is buried at Mt. Olivet Cemetery in
This is a active American Legion Post. Here are some things our post is involved with:
- Honor Guard at Tahoma National Cemetery.
Two days a month and once a quarter our post is the Honor Guard for internment at Tahoma National Cemetery in Tahoma National Cemetery in Covington, Washington.
- Our Post sponsors the following Scouting Programs:
- Cub Scout Pack 468. They meet at Maple Hills Elementary School, Renton, WA
- Boy Scout Troop 498. They meet at Maple Hills Elementary School, Renton, WA
- Venture Scouting Crew 498. They meet at our Post #19, Renton, WA
- We sponsor high school students who spend a week at our State capital in Olympia, Washington learning about the legislative process and
how our government works.
- We assist and provide services for veterans in need of help.
- We give financial scholarships to graduating high school students.
- We are involved in civic activities such as annually giving an award to a local police/fire/safety person who has done something
courageous or outstanding.
- We have donated flag poles in Renton.
- We donated a memorial on the Cedar River in Renton to those who have been lost at sea while serving our country.
- The women in our Auxiliary sew and tie lap robes, makes ditty bags. stuff neck pillows, make wheel chair bags, wrap gifts and other
things for the VA Hospital patients in Seattle.
And many more...